Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mold is Dangerous – Remove it from Your Bathroom PERMANENTLY



As you already know mold and mildew need but a few things to thrive; mainly moisture and oxygen. What better home could they possibly have than our bathrooms? Over time they can grow into a bacterial growth that is actually dangerous. The truth is that some forms of mold can cause a huge variety of serious illnesses and can even be lethal. Mold is a serious matter and it should be eliminated or better yet, prevented.

If you’ve tried to remove mold from the bathroom grout in your bathroom you have already discovered that it is almost impossible to eliminate once it has developed. There is however an easy way not only to remove it but to help prevent it from returning.

Before you start you will need to wear rubber gloves and some old clothing would also be a good idea. The solution that we will be using is a simple 3 parts water and 1 part bleach but that’s enough to burn your skin and discolor your clothing.

After mixing the 2 ingredients carefully pour the solution into an empty spray bottle to make it easy to apply. Use a stiff scrub brush for the larger areas and a hard tooth brush for the small crevices and grout lines. There is no magic short cut here. Good old fashioned “elbow grease” is the best way to remove the mold. When you’re done be sure to rinse the entire area with warm water to remove any unseen residue. If you don’t do this step the mold will return very quickly.

Now, here’s the part that you didn’t know about! This will make it much easier to remove the mold in those little “cracks and crannies”.

Pour some vinegar into a small ball and soak some paper towels in it, then, press the paper towels firmly against those hard to reach spots and leave them there for about 8 hours. Check from time to time to make sure that the paper towels have not dried out and re-soak them if necessary. When you remove them after the time is up the mold will scrub off very easily! This is very important because any mold that you don’t completely remove will return very quickly. Rinse the area with cool water and you’re done!

Now that you’ve worked so hard to finally get rid of the unhealthy mold in your bathroom, how do you keep if from returning? Lemon juice! Yep! After taking your shower simply pour some lemon juice onto a sponge and wipe down the tiles! Let it sit for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. Now you won’t have to repeat all of that hard work again and your home will be a much healthier place to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment